Quality cashmere sweater can be worn a lifetime if it is properly cared for. That's why it is important to learn how to care for your cashmera knitwears.
- We recommend that you hand wash your cashmere clothes in lukewarm water.
- You can use specialty cashmere shampoo such as the one we sent you, or baby shampoo.
- You can also get them professionally cleaned at your dry cleaners.
- It is also best for the longevity that you don't wash them too often.
- Please don't put your cashmere in the dryer, but rather lay them flat on a hard surface to dry.
- You can lay them flat on newspaper or dry towel and shape them to their original shape.
- It is safe to iron your cashmere on low heat without applying much pressure.
- It is completely normal for cashmere and wool products to pill. The pills form due to rubbing or abrasion during normal wear and use.
- In order to remove the pills, use the cashmere comb that we sent you and gently rub it on the surface of the knitwear.
- You can also invest in an electric lint remover such as this one to easily remove the pilling.
- We recommend that you fold and store your cashmere products in sealable bags to prevent them from getting eaten by moths.
- Try not to hang them as they will lose their shape.
- You can put a cedar ball in the bag for extra safety.